Thursday, February 19, 2015

RECOVERY

As my journey continues:

After leaving the hospital and feeling ok, considering what I just had done to my body.  The first night home I slept great in my bed no one waking me or should I say no alarms going off.    This day was still a clear liquid diet and trying to get in 48 oz of fluid when everytime you swallow it hurts is a bit difficult.   Dan is still home with me at this point so he is very helpful with getting everything I need.  Now comes friday, Dan goes back to work on friday and I am home with the girls. The girls also did a great job helping mom. Now mom had a tough day couldn't get all my fluids in it just hurt to bad, so when Dan got home I was pretty sure I need to go back to the hospital. I was just so weak, Dan took my blood pressure yep pretty low, so being the mean husband that he is (just kidding) he started pushing me to drink.  After a complete meltdown by me of course because I don't want to do it (it hurts remember).  I start drinking and finally start feeling a bit better (no hospital thank goodness). At this point I feel like I have made the worst decision in my life having this surgery, I can't eat, I can't drink, I feel like CRAP.    Saturday is a new day I am able to get my fluids in a bit better this day. As the days have past each day is a bit better. I am now actually feeling better than I have in a very long time. I am not as tired all the time (of course I am not getting up at 4 am), I have so much more energy (I actually am having to remind myself I just had major surgery a week ago).  I have been able to get at least 48 oz of fluids in and my 2 protein shakes each day now and even some pureed beans (which really taste pretty good).  And the best news off all I am now down a total of 27lbs... yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment